9th GRADE COUNSELING PROGRAM
Welcome to Northwood!
At the beginning of the school year, we host Freshmen Parent Night during which we review graduation requirements, college requirements, and general information about the transition from middle school to NHS. Later in the fall, we visit all freshman English classes to share similar information with our students.
In the spring, we are available to answer questions that students may have about their 10th grade schedule. We will also make recommendations for students who should consider attending summer school.
Throughout the year, counselors are available to help students with any academic, personal/social, or career-related questions and concerns they may have. We track student progress and check-in with freshmen who are struggling. We have a variety of interventions and support programs that we will recommend to students who need extra support as appropriate.
- Freshman Year Timeline (for this information in Mandarin click here)
- Freshmen Class Presentation - Class of 2022
- Freshmen Class Presentation Worksheets - Class of 2022
- 8th Grade Family Night - Class of 2023
- Freshmen Parent Night Presentation - Class of 2022
- Freshmen Parent Night Packet - Class of 2022
- Course Sequencing