Northwood’s faculty and staff embrace the elements of Northwood High School that distinguish their school from others. However, the faculty and staff also collectively endorse the overarching mission statement and vision for IUSD: “To enable all students to become contributing members of society empowered with the skills, knowledge and values necessary to meet the challenges of a changing world and to accomplish these things by providing the highest quality educational experiences we can envision.”
Pursuing growth is our schoolwide responsibility.
- We believe all students can learn.
- We believe students learn differently.
- We believe learning is an active and ongoing process.
- We believe collaboration enhances learning.
- We believe growth is achieved through reflection, support, and intellectual risk taking.
- We believe in fostering an environment that encourages the overall balance to support the whole person.
- We believe we all need to feel emotionally, physically, socially, and intellectually safe.
- We believe embracing diversity fosters understanding and strengthens our community.
- We believe making a connection to school is essential.
- We believe in compassion, mutual respect and integrity.
Therefore, in our conversations, our thinking, our teaching and in our decision making, we do what is best for the growth and learning of all students.
Compassion, Mutual Respect and Integrity
“For the Good of the Pack”
Updated 2016 - Leadership