Northwood’s faculty and staff embrace the elements of Northwood High School that distinguish their school from others. However, the faculty and staff also collectively endorse the overarching mission statement and vision for IUSD: “To enable all students to become contributing members of society empowered with the skills, knowledge and values necessary to meet the challenges of a changing world and to accomplish these things by providing the highest quality educational experiences we can envision.”
Pursuing growth is our school-wide responsibility.
▪ We believe all students can learn.
▪ We believe students learn differently and every student contributes to the learning community.
▪ We believe learning is an active and ongoing process.
▪ We believe collaboration enhances learning.
▪ We believe through self-reflection and adult support, students can meet expectations as well as challenge themselves.
▪ We believe in fostering an environment that encourages the balance of academic and extracurricular activities to achieve social, emotional, and physical growth and
▪ We believe we all need to feel emotionally, physically, and intellectually safe.
▪ We believe embracing diversity fosters understanding and strengthens our community.
▪ We believe making a connection to school is essential.
▪ We believe in compassion, mutual respect and integrity.
Therefore, in our conversations, our thinking, our teaching, and in our decision making, we do what is best for the growth and learning of all students.
Compassion, Mutual Respect and Integrity
“For the Good of the Pack”
Updated 2016 - Leadership