COASTLINE ROP (REGIONAL OCCUPATIONAL PROGRAM) CLASSES
What is ROP?
Coastline ROP (Regional Occupation Program) is a career and technical education (CTE) provider that prepares both high school students and adults for a wide range of careers and further educational opportunities.
Coastline ROP is is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, and classes are taught by fully credentialed teachers who are experienced in their related industries.
What are the benefits of an ROP class?
- Earn grades and credits towards high school graduation.
- Enroll in classes that satisfy A-G requirement for UC & CSU.
- Earn certificates of achievement.
- Participate in courses that offer internships if they are at least 16 years of age.
- May assist in choosing college majors & enhance college admission applications.
- Classes are free for high school students.
INTERESTED IN A SPRING 2024 ROP CLASS?
SPRING 2024 ROP CLASS REGISTRATION DATES
- 12th graders: Monday, November 13 at 4 PM
- 11th graders: Wednesday, November 15 at 4 PM
- 9 & 10th graders: Friday, November 17 at 4 PM
*If you register before your assigned date, your registration will be canceled. Incomplete registration will be deleted.
SPRING 2024ROP Registration Information
What information do I need to register?
- Email address you check most often
- Date of Birth
- Student Cell Phone Number
- School you are Currently Attending
- Graduation Year
- High School Student ID #
- Guidance Specialist Name
- Special Programs you are in
- Parent/Guardian Name
- Parent/Guardian Email Address
- Parent/Guardian Phone Number
What is the Deadline to Register for a Class?
- For classes that meet once a week, students may add up to the second class meeting.
- For classes that meet two or more times per week, students may add up to the third class meeting.
Click HERE to access a publication by Coastline ROP is designed for students, parents, and staff to see what the future of jobs are in the 15 industry sectors in Orange County. To be prepared for the job market, students should take classes that extend their basic skills and explore real life experiences. ROP Internship classes provide actual work experience in your field of interest! Internships are for high school students 16 years of age and older with transportation to their internship site. Certain prerequisites may be required. The following classes are internship related:
- Animal Health Care Internship (year long): seniors priority
- Automotive Technology Internship
- Careers with Children Internship
- CNA: Certified Nursing Assistant Pre-Certification Internship
- Culinary Arts Internship
- Dental Assistant Back Office Internship: Seniors only
- Medical Nursing Careers Internship
- Pharmacy Technician Internship
- Retail Sales and Merchandising Internship
- Sports Medicine Internship (must have taken Sports Medicine ROP first)
CHANGING THE NARRATIVE: HOW TO USE CTE/ROP CLASS EXPERIENCES IN COLLEGE ADMISSIONS ESSAYS
Frequently Asked Questions
Students must be a senior for the following courses: Med Nursing, CAN, EMT. For all other internships’ students must be 16. Most other courses are open to all grades. Classes with restrictions and prerequisites are all listed on the course description during the registration process.