All IUSD schools, including Northwood, will be closed for the remainder of the school year. We understand that you may have questions while our office is closed and encourage you to read the information below for updates. We will continue to update this page throughout our school closure. NHS staff are available to answer your questions via phone from 8:00am - 2:00pm.
IUSD Covid-19 information
COVID-19 Information: The most up-to-date school-related information is available on our district website: iusd.org/COVID19.
communication from dr. roach
In case you missed emails from Dr. Roach, you can find them here.
- April 5 / 4月5日
- March 27 / 3月27日
- March 26 / 3月26日
- March 25 / 3月25日
- March 24 / 3月24日
- March 23 / 3月23日
- March 20 / 3月20日
- March 19 / 3月19日
- March 18 / 3月18日
- March 17 / 3月17日
- March 16 / 3月16日
- March 15
- March 13 - #2
- March 13 = #1
Counseling & mental health resources
- Mental Health Resources: These times of uncertainty can evoke a variety of emotions; please communicate with your student regarding their feelings. If you need additional support, please reach out to your student's counselor. There are additional resources on our NHS counseling website.
- Each student is assigned to a TA class which they follow from grades 9-12. Each TA teacher is paired with a counselor. Click here to determine who your counselor is based on your TA teacher.
Email & technology needs/resources
Email Addresses: We have found that many students do not have current email addresses in Aeries Parent Portal. We are hoping collecting up to date emails for our students so that teachers and staff can stay in contact with your child about their learning opportunities. If your student does not have their own email, please provide us with an alternate email address (parent email would work) that they will continue to check regularly. If you have not provided an email address in Parent Portal, or are not sure, please provide your email address in one of the following ways:
1) Fill out this form.
2) Email Dr. Jennifer Ollila, assistant principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address.
3) Call the Main Office at 949.936.7200 between 8:00 am - 2:00 pm to provide your email address.
- Chromebooks: Additionally, Northwood students who are in need of a Chromebook should email Assistant Principal, Eric Keith, at email@example.com. We are checking out devices to students so that they have the technology to keep up-to-date with learning opportunities that teachers are sharing.
- Internet Access: Information from IUSD regarding internet access can be found here.
- "Help" Resources for students and parents
- New Students: Please contact our Registrar, Kathy Lontayao, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- Residency Verification for Returning Students: If you have not completed residency verification for Fall 2020, please email Mojgan Hajarizadeh (email@example.com) with your documents or any questions.
free meals & Food support
Free Meals for IUSD Students: Irvine Unified School District (IUSD) will be providing free breakfasts and lunches for any interested IUSD student. For the most up-to-date information, please click here.
Spring Break and Long-Term Food Support
IUSD has connected with our community partner Families Forward to augment IUSD meals and to help link students and families to Spring Break and long-term food assistance, along with other vital services.
Families Forward has set up a drive-thru food pantry (M-F) 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., located at 8 Thomas Drive in Irvine. The drive-thru stations will provide non-perishable items to families each week, including Spring Break from March 30 – April 3. No appointment is necessary. Visit Families Forward for more information.
Families Forward also offers counseling services, housing programs, career services and more. If any family is facing a housing crisis as a result of COVID-19, please click here.
- Second Harvest Food Bank – Can help connect families to food resources in general and during the COVID-19 crisis.
- 211 OC – Is a resource center to link families to a variety of Orange County services, including food, the CalFresh program, housing, military and veteran services, and more.
Want to Help?
Due to food and resource hoarding, many organizations such as Families Forward, are experiencing shortages. Although they are not accepting volunteers due to safety concerns, Families Forward is accepting donated items, which can be delivered to their drive-thru pantry (M-F) 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Below is a list of most needed items.
- Pasta sauce and Dried Pasta
- Rice (1lb and 2lb bags)
- Peanut butter
- Canned chicken and tuna
- Diapers (sizes 5 and 6)
- Baby wipes
Thank you to our wonderful community for your support and understanding during this unprecedented time. IUSD appreciates your offers to help and encourages you to support Families Forward with these needed supplies that will benefit IUSD families.
We’re in this together!
work permits & ivc forms
- Work Permits: Students who are in need of a work permit while school is closed should email Ms. Kathi Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IVC Summer School Forms: Although Irvine Valley College and Northwood are closed, we will sign students' community college special admit forms during this time. Students can submit their forms for Northwood approval in two ways:
- Email the completed form to Mr. Keith (email@example.com) OR
- Drop off the completed form in the envelope outside the Main Office with the email address
All forms will be emailed back after approval and the completed K-12 Special Admissions form can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.