At Northwood, student wellness is a top priority. We encourage students who have concerns about their mental health or that of a friend to seek help from a trusted adult. On-campus mental health support staff include School Counselors, Mental Health Specialist, Project Success, School Psychologists, and School Resource Officer (SRO). We also have a Virtual Well, a digital calming space that students can visit.
In the event of an emergency, call 911 or take your student to the nearest emergency room. If you have a serious concern outside of school hours, please do not email a staff member. Instead, please contact the Irvine Police Department at (949) 724-7000.
Crisis Hotlines and Community Resources
- Orange County Suicide Prevention/Crisis Line: Confidential 24-hour telephone counseling to individuals contemplating, threatening, or attempting suicide (877) 7CRISIS or (877)72747-47
- Centralized Assessment Team (CAT): (866) 830-6011
- The OC Warm Line: Non-crisis, caring support for anyone struggling with emotional/mental health challenges (877) 910-WARM or (877) 910-9276
- OC Links Information & Referral Service: 2-1-1 or (855) OCLINKS or (888) 625-4657
- Trevor Line: LGBTIQ+ Support (866) 488-7368
- Free Virtual Support Meetings from Laguna Treatment Hospital
- Substance Abuse Hotline Guide from Laguna Treatment Hospital
Community Mental Health Resources from IUSD Prevention and Intervention