At Northwood, student wellness is a top priority. We encourage students who have concerns about their mental health or that of a friend to seek help from a trusted adult. On-campus mental health support staff include School Counselors, Wellness Coordinator, Project Success, School Psychologists, and School Resource Officer (SRO).
In the event of an emergency, call 911 or take your student to the nearest emergency room. If you have a serious concern outside of school hours, please do not email a staff member. Instead, please contact the Irvine Police Department at (949) 724-7000.
Crisis Hotlines and Community Resources
- Orange County Suicide Prevention/Crisis Line: Confidential 24-hour telephone counseling to individuals contemplating, threatening, or attempting suicide (877) 7CRISIS or (877)72747-47
- Centralized Assessment Team (CAT): (866) 830-6011
- The OC Warm Line: Non-crisis, caring support for anyone struggling with emotional/mental health challenges (877) 910-WARM or (877) 910-9276
- OC Links Information & Referral Service: 2-1-1 or (855) OCLINKS or (888) 625-4657
- Trevor Line: LGBTIQ+ Support (866) 488-7368
Community Mental Health Resources from IUSD Prevention and Intervention