Stay Connected to IUSD
As part of Emergency Preparedness Month this September, the District would like to remind our families that there are a number of reasons to stay connected to IUSD, including receiving important news and information about the District and your school on a regular basis. It is also important to know how to connect with IUSD during an emergency. Below are some ways that you can stay connected to IUSD in real time, 24/7.
Check your email, voicemail and text messages first
- Please make sure your contact information in the Parent Portal is up to date.
- If you unsubscribed from school or District emails, you will not receive important updates during an emergency.
- To re-subscribe, please email HelpDesk@iusd.org.
VISIT IUSD’S WEBSITE
Important alerts and ongoing updates will be posted on the District homepage
The District posts real time updates and alerts on our social media sites
- Like IUSD on Facebook: facebook.com/irvineunifiedschooldistrict
- Follow IUSD on Twitter: twitter.com/iusd
- Follow IUSD on Instagram: instagram.com/irvine_unified
In the event of a school or districtwide emergency, please check these resources first. They are updated in real time and will help you get the information you need immediately. See the attached flier for more information.
OPT-IN FOR TEXT MESSAGE ALERTS
In order for IUSD or our school to contact you via text message in the event of an emergency, we need you to "opt-in" to this service first. By enabling this texting feature, and verifying that mobile numbers in Parent Portal are correct, we are increasing our chances of reaching as many people as possible in case an emergency notification needs to be sent out.
It is easy to "opt-in" to receive text messages:
- Text "Y" to 67587 from each wireless device you wish to receive texts on.
- Not sure if you "opted-in" already? No problem! You can never "opt-in" too many times, just follow the step above.
For additional information, visit IUSD's Text Message Frequently Asked Questions page.