The Northwood High School (NHS) Theatre Program has enriched the Irvine community for 19 years. Under the leadership of its founding director, Blake Gould, and its current director, Danyelle Bossardet Dunavold, the Theatre Program provides a highly recognized, inclusive performing arts and technical theatre education for students every year. Currently, students involved in the NHS Theatre Program learn the importance of teamwork while developing skills onstage as well as behind the scenes. NHS is home to a large Thespian Troupe with students earning nationally recognized awards and honors, while alumni work in every aspect of film, television, and Broadway.
The mission of NHS Theatre is to provide meaningful arts opportunities that will foster professionalism, collaboration, communication, safety, and self‐confidence in order to prepare for a future in the Arts or the opportunity to develop skills that they can use in all facets of life. In addition to taking specialized coursework in theatre and technical theatre, students can participate in many other co-curricular and extra-curricular activities including:
· AWARD WINNING main stage productions.
· AWARD WINNING theatre competition team.
· PARTICIPATION in theatre festivals at a regional, state and national level.
· MASTER CLASSES with industry professionals both on and off campus.
· TAILORED INSTRUCTION in acting, directing, technical theatre and design.
· OPPORTUNITIES for college and university exposure and auditions.
To purchase tickets for NHS Theatre productions, please go to http://nhsirv.booktix.com/.